Our 2,300 Mile Exodus
It’s only 120 miles from Fort Wayne, IN to Carmel where we’re moving. So why are we taking the 2,300 mile route? Good question.
Towards the end of last year we began to feel God calling us to step out of our comfort zone into something new. Little did we know that it would result in leaving a job/church, going back to freelance design work, selling our home in Fort Wayne and moving to a new city where we don’t know a single person!
The past few months has been an amazing journey of faith for my wife and I as we’ve been stretched further than we’ve ever before. We’ve watched time and again as God’s provision and timing was perfect for each need.
So we’re less than a week away from beginning a new adventure! I’m so excited (and a little nervous). We’re going to take the next few weeks and visit some churches and attend a couple of conferences before settling into our new home in Westfield, IN (just outside of Carmel where we’re looking at planting the church).
Here’s a few places we’ll be stopping and things we’ll be doing along the way:
- Coffee with Pat Rowland (former youth pastor buddy from FW)
- Lunch with @pwilson (withoutwax.tv)
- Crosspoint Church weekend service (this Sunday)
- Relaxing at a condo in Tarpon Springs, FL
- Exponential Church Planting Conference – April 22-24 (anybody else going to this?)
- LeadNow 08 Conference – April 24-26 (how’s this for a speaker lineup: Erwin McManus, Donald Miller, Dan Kimball, Amena Brown and Margaret Feinberg!)
- DisneyWorld (don’t tell Chloe & Emily – it’s a surprise!)
- Elevation Church (May 4)
- Pigeon Forge, TN
Are you anywhere along our route? Will you be at any of the conferences/churches we’re attending? If so, hit me up on Twitter or let me know so we can hook up!
I’ll be posting throughout the trip so be sure to subscribe to my blog (RSS or by email) and follow me on Twitter so you can hear all about it! Wish us well!
- Published On : 11 years ago on April 8, 2008
- Author By : Brad Ruggles
- Last Updated : November 3, 2017 @ 11:03 am
- In The Categories Of : Blog Posts, Church Planting, FAMILY